When washing your synthetic take your time with the process. You don't want to overdo it and get out wrong. Here are some simple steps to help you get the best results when washing your unit.
1. Always use a wide tooth comb or a detangle brush to detangle your synthetic wigs. Always brush in small sections to avoid tangling.
2. Only wash if necessary as this can decrease the life of the wig. Try and wear it at least 15 to 20 times before washing.
3.Use lukewarm water, add the shampoo as directed and leave to soak for about 5 mins. Be delicate when rinsing and rinse thoroughly, try not to rub the hair together as this can cause it to tangle. Use a clean towel to drain any excess water by wrapping the unit within the towel and twisting the towel.
4. When washing only use products that are suitable for synthetic wigs. Using regular shampoo, conditioner and oil products can lead up to product build up which will damage the hair fibres very quickly. This will ruin the longevity of the wig.
Here are the type of products to invest in when wearing synthetic wigs.
5. If the unit becomes tangled, try and gently detangle it by using a wide tooth comb or a detangle brush.
6. Always leave your synthetic wig to air dry. Do not use heat to dry the wig as this can cause damage to the hair fibres. You can leave it to air dry on a wig stand so that its less likely to get tangled, and it will also help with keeping the shape of the unit.
7. Use 180C max temperature only on wigs that are heat resistant. Do not overheat the wig as it can cause damage. Do not use heat regulary, only use if you really need to as this can contribute to hair damge.
8. Do not use dye on synthetic hair as it is not human hair. The dye will cause damge to the hair fibres, so just stay away fro colour. If you fancy colour, try and find a wig that has the desired colour you want.
9. When you are not using the unit, try and store your wig in a box to help prevent tangling. This will help the wig stay in a better condition and in shape.
If this process seems to tedious, not to worry just book your unit in for a wig laundry service and it will be revamped in no time.
If your looking for a new look and in need of a new collection of units, head over to my online store to see the beautiful units I have available.